Deluxe Iaito: Tokugawa Family Guardian Katana
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Tokugawa Ieyasu
Tokugawa Ieyasu is the third of the trio of great Japanese warlords along with Oda Nobunaga and Toyotomi Hideyoshi who are known as the great unifiers of Japanese history. Ieyasu was born as Matsudaira Takechiyo in Okazaki Castle in 1543 and the hardship of his early years helped shape the man and supreme political operator he was to become.
- Blade: super-hard lightweight alloy
- Scabbard: black dyed rattan roll/ Kuroishi inscription
- Total length: 107cm, blade length: 74cm
- Total weight:1210g (850g without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The item does not include the sword stand as in the picture.