Deluxe Iaito: Sanada Yukimura
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Sanada Yukimura
Sanada (Yukimura) Nobushige was one of the greatest samurai of the Sengoku Period. Born the second son of Sanada Masayuki and younger brother to Sanada Nobuyuki, he was never referred to as “Yukimura” during his lifetime, as his real name was Nobushige. Sanada Nobushige served Hideyoshi directly. His first wife, Aki-Hime, was the daughter of Otani Yoshitsugu although adopted by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Blade: sand type special alloy
- Pattern yarn: dark red dyed leather and read stone
- Total length: 106cm; Blade length:74cm
- Total weight: 1050g (800g without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.