Iaito: Okita Souji - Kiku-ichimonji
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
An Iaito is a Japanese modern blade that is not sharpened, used to practice Iaido. Our Iaito is made with high-quality zinc alloy, which is must stronger than aluminum alloy, which most common Iaito are made from. Despite the katana being in Japanese history for many years, the Iaito is fairly recent, being constructed after World War II to permit normal citizens who are not allowed to permit real swords, a way to practice their own budo. These Iaito are made in Seki, Japan, the capital of swordsmiths in Japan. To protect the student, and those using Iaito’s they are kept unsharpened.
- Total Length 106cm / 41.7in
- Blade Length: 74cm / 29.1in
- Total weight: 1130g / 2.49lbs (880g / 1.94lbs without sheath)
- Hard alloy; wooden scabbard; cotton
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.