Iaito: Masamune Goro
An Iaito is a Japanese modern blade that is not sharpened, used to practice Iaido. Our Iaito is made with high-quality zinc alloy, which is must stronger than aluminum alloy, which most common Iaito are made from. Despite the katana being in Japanese history for many years, the Iaito is fairly recent, being constructed after World War II to permit normal citizens who are not allowed to permit real swords, a way to practice their own budo. These Iaito are made in Seki, Japan, the capital of swordsmiths in Japan. To protect the student, and those using Iaito’s they are kept unsharpened.
∴ About Masamune:
Masamune, formally known as Goro Nyudo Masamune, lived during a time when samurai rode into battle and died honorable deaths. His legendary rivalry with master Muramasa and the tragic loss of his work over time have made Madamune into a sort of myth.
- Total length 106cm; blade length: 74cm
- Total weight: 1200g (910g without sheath)
- Hard alloy; wooden scabbard; cotton
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.
※ It takes about a week from order to delivery.