Deluxe Iaito: Yoshimitsu - Toshiro
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Yoshimitsu:
Yoshimitsu is a famous as one of the Nihon Sansaku (Three Great Smiths of Japan), along with Masamune and Go Yoshihiro. Yoshimitsu's work style is composed generally of hamon in suguba and ko-nie with very fine workings, and ko-itame hada that is extremely well forged with chikei and ji-nie. The form is balanced, elegant and beautiful.
- Total length: 106cm; blade length: 74cm; handle length: 26cm
- Total weight: 1100g (820g without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Sheath: wooden, lacquer
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- This sword is not recommended to be used for Iaido practice.
※This item is a made-to-order product:
Usually, production will take about 1 to 2 months, but in rare cases, it may take 3 months or more.