Deluxe Iaito: Yagyu Renyasai DX (Swordsmith Ouminodaijo)
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
The Yagyu (Yagyu-shi) were a family of daimyos with lands just outside Nara, who became the heads of one of Japan's greatest schools of swordsmanship, Yagyu Shinkage-ryu. Yagyu Renyasai - 5th Soke of the Owari Yagyu, very famous in his time as a child prodigy, and both a master of the pen and the sword. Renya and his father slightly modified the teachings of Yagyū Shinkage-ryū to take into account the change in warfare, caused by the fact samurai almost no longer fought in armors or in battle, but mainly in duels with civilian clothes.
- Ultra-hard, lightweight alloy blade
- Total Length: 89cm / 35in
- Blade Length: 60cm / 23.6in
- Handle Length: 21.5cm / 8.46in
- Total weight: 875g / 1.9lbs (660g / 1.45lbs without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.