Deluxe Iaito: Uesugi Kenshin thirty-six waist
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ Uesugi Kenshin was one of the main powerful lords of the Civil War period of Japan in Echigo province. He is famed for his prowess on the battlefield, the legendary rivalry with Takeda Shingen, his military expertise, strategy and his belief in the god of war - Bishamonten. In fact, many of his followers and others believed him to be the avatar of Bishamonten and called Kenshin god of war.
- Total length: 105cm; blade length: 74cm; handle length: 25.5cm
- Total weight: 930g (700g without sheath)
- Super-hard, lightweight alloy blade
- Iron, plain solid metal bracket
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.