Deluxe Iaito: Sanada Yukimura
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Sanada Yukimura
Sanada (Yukimura) Nobushige was one of the greatest samurai of the Sengoku Period. Born the second son of Sanada Masayuki and younger brother to Sanada Nobuyuki, he was never referred to as “Yukimura” during his lifetime, as his real name was Nobushige. Sanada Nobushige served Hideyoshi directly. His first wife, Aki-Hime, was the daughter of Otani Yoshitsugu although adopted by Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
- Total length: 106cm; blade length: 74cm; handle length: 26cm
- Total weight: 1070g (820g without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※This item is a made-to-order product:
Usually, production will take about 1 to 2 months, but in rare cases, it may take 3 months or more.
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.
- This sword is not recommended to be used for Iaido practice.