Deluxe Iaito: Doudanuki Sengoku
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
The All Japan DOTANUKI KOSHIRAE is produced to match the swords made by the Dotanuki school of sword smiths, favored by famous Edo Daimyou - Kato Kiyomasa.
Kato Kiyomasa was the master of Kumamoto Castle, and was famed, and feared, for both his skill and brutality in battle. He favored the heavy Dotanuki style swords, as it was said they could cleave an enemy in two with a single stroke.
Both Kato Kiyomasa, and the Dotanuki style are important aspects of Japanese Samurai culture, that specifically relate to Kumamoto prefecture, the home of All Japan Budogu, and we are proud to be able to offer this beautiful representation of local Kumamoto culture.
- Blade: Super-hard, light-weight alloy
- Pattern: leather, cotton, black thread twist winding
- Total length: 109cm / 42.9in
- Blade length: 75.5cm / 29.7in
- Handle length: 26cm / 10.2in
- Total weight 1470g / 3.24lbs (1160g / 2.55lbs without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.