Deluxe Iaito: Bizen Osafune Yusada
∴ About Bizen Osafune:
Located in Osafune, a town that once flourished as a major produce of Japanese swords, the Bizen Osafune Sword Museum is one of a limited number of sword museums and features a variety of Japanese swords on display. Visitors can learn about the history and manufacturing process for Japanese swords as well as experience the beauty and power of the swords up close. The museum features several special exhibitions throughout the year that combine animations and video games, making this a popular destination for sword fans from across the country. In the adjacent workshop, visitors can see the skill of Japanese sword artisans, including the process where tamahagane, steel made from iron sand, is heated to 1300°C and then hammered to make a plate. (limited dates and times)
- Total length: 106cm; blade length: 74cm; handle length: 26cm
- Total weight: 1060g (800g without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Sheath: wooden, lacquer
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- This sword is not recommended to be used for Iaido practice.