Deluxe Iaito: Azai Nagamasa
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Azai Nagamasa
Azai Nagamasa was born at Odani Castle in 1545 and was the son of Azai Hisamasa, the second daimyo of the Azai clan. They ruled over the northern part of Omi Province, east of Lake Biwa. In 1560, Nagamasa turned fifteen and became head of the Azai clan after his father stepped down and retired to Odani Castle. One of his first decisions after becoming daimyo was breaking away from the Rokkaku clan. That same year, he led his first major battle, the Battle of Norada. He proved to be an outstanding leader, as he defeated the Rokkaku army, and he would continue to defeat the Rokkaku and the Saitō during their skirmishes.
- Total length: 106cm / 41.7in; blade length: 74cm / 29.1in; handle length: 26cm / 10.2in
- Total weight: 1040g / 2.29lbs (805g / 1.77lbs without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Sheath: wooden, lacquer
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
For the sword stand you can buy it here: