Value Katana: Kasen Kanesada
Tadaoki Hosokawa (1563 – 1646) was a warlord who lived through the turbulent times of the Sengoku civil war period and served Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotomi and Ieyasu Tokugawa, who in turn grabbed the supreme power and led the warring states to unification. Tadaoki not only showed his genius in battles and politics but also proved himself as a man of culture especially in such fields as tea ceremony, poetry, noh play, and painting.
Based on existing historical materials, he was reputed as a “man with the shortest temper in the world” and his cruelty is depicted in quite a few stories. One of them is a story about the sword, “Kasen Kanesada.”
- Total Length: 105cm / 41.33in
- Blade Length: 73cm/ 28.74in
- Handle Length: 25.5 / 10in
- Total weight: 1180g / 2.6lbs (940g / lbs without sheath)
- Material: zinc alloy; dark brown yarn
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.