Value Katana: Tsurumaru Kuninaga
The katana is a weapon that dates back to ancient Japan and was used by Japanese samurai during the feudal eras. Katanas are made by hand, and takes many many layers, allowing the blade to be light, yet strong, and dangerously sharp. Due to the samurai’s loss of power, the katana became less of a practical weapon and was used more as decoration, and often a symbol.
∴ Tsurumaru was smithed by Gojou Kuninaga in the year 1053. At one point he was owned by the Meiji Emperor, who lead the country into 20th century with an industrial revolution.
- Total Length: 105cm / 41.3in
- Blade Length: 71cm / 27.95in
- Handle Length: 25.5cm / 10in
- Total weight: 1220g / 2.68lbs (940g / 2lbs without sheath)
- Material: zinc alloy; wooden, silver sheath
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.