Wakizashi: Value Katana Kunihiro Horikawa
The katana is a weapon that dates back to ancient Japan and was used by Japanese samurai during the feudal eras. Katanas are made by hand, and takes many many layers, allowing the blade to be light, yet strong, and dangerously sharp. Due to the samurai’s loss of power, the katana became less of a practical weapon and was used more as decoration, and often a symbol.
∴ The wakizashi is one of the traditionally made Japanese swords worn by the samurai in feudal Japan. Wakizashi have been in use as far back as the 15th, 16th century. The wakizashi was used as a backup or auxiliary sword; it was also used for close-quarters fighting, to behead the defeated opponent and sometimes to commit seppuku, a ritual suicide.
- Total Length: 70cm / 27.55in
- Blade Length: 45cm / 17.7in
- Handle Length: 17.5cm / 6.88in
- Total weight: 880g / 1.94lbs (630g / 1.38lbs without sheath)
- Material: zinc alloy, black yarn
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.