Value Katana: Mikazuki Munechika
The katana is a weapon that dates back to ancient Japan and was used by Japanese samurai during the feudal eras. Katanas are made by hand, and takes many many layers, allowing the blade to be light, yet strong, and dangerously sharp. Due to the samurai’s loss of power, the katana became less of a practical weapon and was used more as decoration, and often a symbol.
∴ Mikazuki Munechika is one of the 5 great swords of japan and a tachi touken danshi. He currently resides in the citadel as of Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru. Munechika's name comes from his maker, Sanjo Munechika, who lived in the mid-Heian period (794-1185). Munechika was an expert craftman active when Japanese sword-making technique was first established.
- Total length: 105cm; blade length: 73cm
- Total weight: 1220g (940g without sheath)
- Material: zinc alloy;wooden, red pear-coated sheath
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.