Value Katana: Dodanuki Masakuni
∴ Dodanuki Masakuni description: A sturdy blade believed to be favored by Toyotomi clan retainer Kato Kiyomasa. It was crafted by the famed swordsmith Masakuni, who established Dodanuki in Kikuchi of Higo province (present-day northern Kumamoto prefecture) as his base. Masakuni had an older brother named Kiyokuni, and legend states that Kiyomasa took his name from the two brothers after laying claim to Higo and made them his personal swordsmiths. Swords forged in Dodanuki were known for their practicality and use in combat, and thus were not valued as works of art, however, what they lacked in decor they more than made up for in their considerable sturdiness and reliability in battle, which garnered them a great deal of popularity.
- Total Length: 105cm / 41.3in
- Blade Length: 71m / 27.95in
- Handle Length: 25.5cm / 10in
- Total weight: 1240g / 2.7lbs (925g / 2lbs without sheath)
- Material: zinc alloy; wooden, painted scabbard
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.