Iaito: Suburito Katana For Practice - Peony Tsuba
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
Iaido is associated with the smooth, controlled movements of drawing the sword from its scabbard, striking or cutting an opponent, removing blood from the blade, and then replacing the sword in the scabbard. A practitioner should begin with an iaito, which has a bunt edge sword.
- Total Length: 106cm / 41.7in
- Blade Length: 74cm / 29.1in
- Total weight: 1000g / 2.2lbs (800g / 1.76lbs without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.