Deluxe katana: Bakumatsu sword-Onigami Maru Kunishige
The Bakumatsu, or the closing curtain in the Japanese, was a period in Japanese history when the Tokugawa Shogunate or Bakufu struggled to survive in the midst of changing political situation both home and abroad. It began during the arrival of Matthew Perry’s “black ships” until the surrender of the Ezo Republic when the last vestige of Tokugawa supporters fell. Clashes and alliances between different factions within Japanese politics, further complicated by questions on the destiny and the future of Japan as foreign countries striving for trade rights, plagued the period. At its end, a civil war resulted in a new chapter in Japanese history – the Meiji Era.
- Total length: 106cm; blade length: 74cm
- Total weight: 1,130g (820g without sheath)
- Material: made of Z alloy
- Decorative hilt: Aki Onigawara
- Sheath: dry lacquered stone
- Pattern: cow leather, black twisted winding
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.