Deluxe Iaito: Bakumatsu sword - Onigami Maru Kunishige
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
The Bakumatsu, or the closing curtain in the Japanese, was a period in Japanese history when the Tokugawa Shogunate or Bakufu struggled to survive in the midst of changing political situation both home and abroad. It began during the arrival of Matthew Perry’s “black ships” until the surrender of the Ezo Republic when the last vestige of Tokugawa supporters fell. Clashes and alliances between different factions within Japanese politics, further complicated by questions on the destiny and the future of Japan as foreign countries striving for trade rights, plagued the period. At its end, a civil war resulted in a new chapter in Japanese history – the Meiji Era.
- Total length: 106cm / 41.7in
- Blade length: 74cm / 29.1in
- Total weight: 1130g / 2.49lbs (820g / 1.8lbs without sheath)
- Material: made of Zink alloy
- Decorative hilt: Aki Onigawara
- Sheath: dry lacquered stone
- Pattern: cow leather, black twisted winding
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility at your own risk.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.