Deluxe Iaito: Shimazu Yoshihiro
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Shimazu Yoshihiro:
Yoshihiro was a brave and skilled general who contributed greatly to the unification of Kyushu. He fought well in the Korean Campaigns for Toyotomi Hideyoshi, defeating and army of 37,000 Ming warriors with just 7,000 samurai at the Battle of Sacheon in 1598. Yoshihiro had later rescued and saved a number of Japanese commanders in the final battle on Korean soil, Noryang, despite having more than half his fleet of 500 ships destroyed or captured.
- Total length: 105cm; blade length: 74cm; handle length: 26cm
- Total weight: 1270g (950g without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Sheath: wooden, lacquer
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- This sword is not recommended to be used for Iaido practice.