Deluxe Iaito: Miyamoto Musashi
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ About Miyamoto Musashi:
Miyamoto Musashi (born in 1584, Mimasaka or Harima, Japan) is a famous Japanese soldier-artist of the early Edo period (1603-1867). He began his career as a fighter early in life at age 13. According to legend, Musashi wrote his famous work on strategy - Gorin no sho (The Book of Five Rings), which dealt with the martial experience both individually and militarily - on his deathbed.
- Total length: 107cm; Blade length: 73cm
- Total weight: 1095g (825g without sheath)
- Material: ultra-hard, light-weight alloy blade
- Sheath: Kuroishime lacquer
- Pattern yarn: dark brown dyed leather
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.