Deluxe Iaito: Kasen Kanesada - Hosokawa Tadaoki
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
Tadaoki Hosokawa (1563 – 1646) was a warlord who lived through the turbulent times of the Sengoku civil war period and served Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotmomi and Ieyasu Tokugawa, who in turn grabbed the supreme power and led the warring states to unification. Tadaoki not only showed his genius in battles and politics but also proved himself as a man of culture especially in such fields as tea ceremony, poetry, noh play and painting.
Based on existing historical materials, he was reputed as a “man with the shortest temper in the world” and his cruelty is depicted in quite a few stories. One of them is a story about the sword, “Kasen Kanesada.”
- Blade: sand type special alloy
- Pattern yarn: black-dyed leather lacquered thin brown
- Scabbard: wooden, all-over-painted, half-printed
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
- Total length: 101cm / 39.7in; blade span: 71cm / 27.9in; handle length: 24cm / 9.4in
- Total weight: 1110g / 2.44lbs (760g / 1.67lbs without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- Some errors may occur due to natural wood and manual work
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.
For the sword stand you can buy it here: