Deluxe Iaito: Hattori Hanzo
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term. Even during the early stages in the history of the various style, it was recognized that these moral and spiritual effects of training in swordsmanship were beneficial not merely to the individual swordsman, but to society as a whole. (Paul 'Batman'O'Brien)
∴ About Hattori Hanzo:
Hettori Hanzo is a ninja leader, who stands behind the success of the most powerful shogun man - Tokugawa. He was able to organize safe passage for the future shogun through a region of mountains occupied and controlled by the dangerous ninja of Iga. Without passage through this literal no-man's land, Tokugawa may very well not have survived that initial year of Hideyoshi's rule.
- Ultra-hard, lightweight alloy blade
- Handle: cotton, black thread winding
- Total length: 106cm; blade length: 74cm
- Total weight: 1255g (910g without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.