Deluxe Iaito Dotanuki Masakuni Fujiwara 2-shaku 5-sun (with fuller)
About our stock: Usually if the Iaito Sword is available to buy, it should be in stock and can be shipped within 1-2 days after receiving your payment. It might be possible the item is still out of stock in case we've sold it somewhere else on the same day. In that case we will inform you immediately.
In case the item is out of stock and you still would like to buy it, please note that it might take several months to receive your sword as they are all made by hand here in Japan.
Iaido is the art of Japanese Swordsmanship. The word itself has a number of meanings and interpretations. Each is dependent on a subjective translation as the word itself like many Japanese martial concepts do not translate into English at all easily. The word is comprised of 3 Japanese characters: i-ai-do. The purpose of Iaido training is the development of self, not only in physical but also in the moral and spiritual term.
∴ The All Japan DOTANUKI KOSHIRAE is produced to match the swords made by the Dotanuki school of sword smiths, favored by famous Edo Daimyou - Kato Kiyomasa.
Kato Kiyomasa was the master of Kumamoto Castle, and was famed, and feared, for both his skill and brutality in battle. He favored the heavy Dotanuki style swords, as it was said they could cleave an enemy in two with a single stroke.
Both Kato Kiyomasa, and the Dotanuki style are important aspects of Japanese Samurai culture, that specifically relate to Kumamoto prefecture, the home of All Japan Budogu, and we are proud to be able to offer this beautiful representation of local Kumamoto culture.
- Total length: 110cm; blade length: 75cm
- Total weight: 1350g (1100g without sheath)
- Material: super-hard, lightweight alloy
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
※ Caution in use:
- This sword is for decoration, it can not cut.
- Please don't swing it standing near other people.
- It can not be disassembled or adjusted.
- Please note that some errors may occur due to the size and weight of natural wood and manual work.
- The sword rack shown in the picture is not included.
- This sword is not recommended to be used for Iaido practice.
For the sword stand you can buy it here: