Deluxe Iaito: Kasen Kanesada
Tadaoki Hosokawa (1563 – 1646) was a warlord who lived through the turbulent times of the Sengoku civil war period and served Nobunaga Oda, Hideyoshi Toyotmomi and Ieyasu Tokugawa, who in turn grabbed the supreme power and led the warring states to unification. Tadaoki not only showed his genius in battles and politics but also proved himself as a man of culture especially in such fields as tea ceremony, poetry, noh play and painting.
Based on existing historical materials, he was reputed as a “man with the shortest temper in the world” and his cruelty is depicted in quite a few stories. One of them is a story about the sword, “Kasen Kanesada.”
- Blade: sand type special alloy
- Pattern yarn: black-dyed leather lacquered thin brown
- Scabbard: wooden, all-over-painted, half-printed
- Production of Seki, Gifu prefecture
- Total length: 101cm; blade span: 71cm
- Total weight: 1,085g (755g without sheath)
※ Caution in use:
- The blade does not actually cut.
- Do not use to point at people.
- Please take responsibility for your own risks.
- Some errors may occur due to natural wood and manual work
- The product does not include the sword stand as in the picture.